Search this blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wait 'til next year!

I can honestly say that my first recollection of baseball is sitting crouched in front of our old RCA 19" B&W TV watching the Chicago Cubs on WGN-TV. This was probably 1979. I remember Dave Kingman ("King Kong") and Jack Brickhouse and that infamous Cubs loss to the Phillies 23-22. I instantly fell in love with this team. I knew the grass and ivy were green and the caps were blue, but it was all just gray on the set. It would be a long line of losing seasons until '84, '89, '98, 2003!, and more recently '07 and '08. For 32 years now, I've endured and have been a Cubs fan, truly die-hard, through seasons great and horrible. It is for every Cubbie fan out there that is waiting to see them win a World Series that I post this for you.


No comments: